Thursday, January 15, 2009
This is the best one Ive found so far, its just the trail version--but it is pretty extensive. *Hint* if you click the turtle button, you can slow down the pronunciation so you can understand it better.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
If you have any topic you'd like to discuss, feel free to speak up!
*did you know that alot of our modern slang came straight form the Irish?
45 slang/descended-from-slang words attributed to the working-class Irish.
1. Babe (sexually attractive young woman)
2. Baloney (as in foolishness)
3. Bee's Wax (as in "none of your…")
6. Chuck (as in "to throw")
7. Cop (as in policeman)
12. Gams (as in legs)
15. Hick (as in peasant or country fool)
19. Lick (as in to beat someone)
21. Mug (as in someone's face)
22. Malarkey (foolish talk)
25. EDITED***(if you really want to know, leave a comment with your email and ill let you know)
26. Puss (as in mouth or lips)
27. Slugger (as in baseball hitter)
28. Queer (as in odd)
29. Razzamatazz (showing off, high spirits)
30. Root (as in to cheer for)
31. Slew (as in large number, a whole… of 'em)
33. Shindig (party)
36. Skinny (inside information)
39. Smack (as in to hit)
40. Sock (as in to punch)
41. Spunk (spirit, energy, semen)
42. Sucker (as in fool)
45. Yellow (as in cowardly)